Thursday, June 19, 2008

Pet Fest

Well, it's been a while since I have taken any kind of trip on the scooter, at least there hasn't been an epic ride like I have written about before, but there has been a few day trips worth noting.
Back at the beginning of the month my wife and I rode up to the Fort Hood Harley Davidson to attend a Pet Fest. They were taking donations to support the local animal shelter and since we are big softies when it comes to our four legged companions we couldn't resist.
It was a short ride up 195 and not much to report there, but the action inside the HD dealer is worth noting and sharing some pics about. Something that I noticed when when we got there that was unusual when you go to biker events and that was the lack of bikes. I guess everyone who normally rides had to bring the car this day in order to bring along their four legged friends. There was one exception to this rule though. There was a little chihuahua named Dirty Jack. His owner had a pouch that he road in that he strapped to his leg. This dog won the best in show, he rode from Texas all the way to DC to visit the Vietnam Wall. So not all dogs need to ride in a car ;)
They had a pet competition in several categories
  • Best Swim trunks
  • Best Bikini
  • Smallest Dog
  • Biggest Dog
  • Best Trick
  • Best kisser
The competition was fierce in all categories.
First up was Best swim trunks, I have to say that when I saw the winner of this category I laughed out loud. The dog that won was Zeus, a Great Dane with a g-string on... I think the saying cruel and unusual applies here. It's hard to say but this either totally humiliated the dog or it boosted his ego.
Thats right bitches get a good look at what a REAL dog looks like...
HA!!


For the best bikini contest there were several dogs that were dressed up for this. I can't for the life of me remember which one won the category but there were several that made a lasting impression.

The pet competition was a lot of fun.
The shelter that was there even brought some of their dogs up there and were available for adoption to good homes. There was even coverage from the local news media to support the pet fest. It warms the heart :)

I won't bore you with the rest of the details, however here is a link to the rest of the pictures we took that day. Enjoy!

No comments: