Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Gobble Gobble...

Well it's that time of year again, time to get together with the family and eat way too much and then eat too much again. This year for Thanksgiving I went up to my parents house for the holiday. I headed up there on Wed and stayed till Friday. The time I spent at my parents consisted of drinking, eating and then drinking heavily. One tradition we have is to watch Christmas Story, the epic story of Ralphie and his quest for the Red Rider BB gun, what a classic movie. I think the only other movie that is just as good to watch over and over again is Christmas Vacation, I love that movie.
While I was at my parents I convinced my Dad to ride back with me to Austin and then go riding in the Hill Country and really put some miles on his bike. Back on Memorial day my Dad finally decided on which bike to get and since has only put like 1200 miles on it. Well I was hoping to change that this past weekend and I did.
Myself, the Ol' Man and a bunch of my friends went out on our typical Hill country ride, out the twisty 1431 picked up 29 to Llano, stopped at coopers for BBQ, then down 16 passed Enchanted rock and then hit Luchenbach for some beers and good conversation and then headed back home. It was a typical ride, nothing out of the ordinary but the point was to get my Dad out on some good twisty roads so he could enjoy the ride, cause lets face it DFW SUCKS for riding. There is nothing good about riding up in that area. You have to drive 50 miles just to get out of town and then, there aren't that many good rides up there.
All in all it was a GREAT weekend riding around and hanging out with friends, I think we put around 700 miles on the ol' mans bike. Pics can be found here
Till next time keep the rubber side down!

No comments: